New intriguing designers are commonly known to make a huge impact during New York Fashion Week. New talents get a chance to make an impression on the fashion world and you better believe “A” games are definitely in full effect. The School of Fashion at the Academy of Art University showcased its 21st runway on September 9, 2017 and boy was it amazing! Bachelor and Masters of Fine Arts graduates debuted several mind-blowing collections of both womenswear and menswear that absolutely captivated.
Showcased was a diverse look of styles that totally impressed the audience and the oohs and the ahhs were definitely evident. The event was also streamed live for the world to see, a definite opportunity for recent graduates to boost their chances at possibly joining the world of the bigger players of fashion. These designers are definitely great at what they do and will definitely inspire other designers to create and jump start many to pursue their passions with an extreme sense of motivation, dedication and consistency, to say the least.
Below are the designers who participated in the School of Fashion’s 21st runway showcase:
1) Eden Slezin – San Francisco, California – Masters of Fine Arts Fashion Designs – appreciates vintage denim – used organic denim, fabrics from Amour Vert and recycled rubber to create runway fashion – was selected for the CFDA Fashion Future Graduate Showcase
2) Hailun Zhou – Qing Dao, China – Masters of Fine Arts Fashion Design – inspired by photos and observations of a particular journey taken during a creative concept class – used vinyl, PVC, and fabric created through a fusion process to create runway fashion – was selected for the CFDA Fashion Graduate Showcase.
3) Carlos Rodriguez – Born in Mexico City, Mexico, but raised in Clarksburg, California – Bachelors of Fine Arts Fashion Designs – used traditional hand and machine embroidery techniques to create runway fashion – was selected for the CFDA Fashion Future Graduate Digital Showcase.
4) Joanna Jadallah – Born in Chicago, Illinois and raised in Orange County, California – Masters of Fine Arts Menswear Design – inspired by the strengths of her Palestinian family – uses lightweight wool, lambskin leather, cashmere knits, suiting fabrics and brocades to create runway fashion.
5) Ryan Yu – Shenyanh, Liaoning, China – Masters of Fine Arts Fashion Design – inspired by light itself and how it contrasts darkness – used patent leather, wool and jersey to create runway fashion.
6) Cana Klebanoff – born in Queens, Ny and raised in Monmouth County, New Jersey – Bachelors of Fine Arts Knitwear Design – inspired by Japanese samurai armor and beautiful castles – awarded the San Francisco-Paris Sister City Scholarship Exchange to study in Paris, France’s Studio Bercot.
7) Saya Shen – Beijing, China Masters of Fine Arts Fashion Design – inspired by photographed landscapes, especially of the snow forms of Hokkaido – transferred her own photographs to fabric to create runway fashion.
8) Jelly Shan – Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China. Masters of Fine Arts Fashion Design – inspired by the peace and joy experienced during a trip to northwestern China – manipulated colors to create runway fashion.
9) Dina Marie Lam – Los Angeles, Ca – Masters Fine Arts Fashion Design, from Los Angeles, CA – inspired by her late aunt – used soft and luxurious materials to create runway fashion – was selected for the CFDA Fashion Future Graduate Showcase.
Stay tuned for next year’s runway event. It too will be a blast of talented designers!
Find out more here https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/academy-of-art-university